ECD DDB BRUSSELS + GLOBAL COUNCIL DDB WORLDWIDE
Left handed. Right brained. This leads to creative ideas that propel the brand’s business to a higher level, convincing both Effie juries and Cannes juries.
Peter started out as a journalist and Dutch teacher for political refugees. He joined the world of advertising at the age of 29.
Today he is one of Belgium's most influential creative leaders, combining 33 CANNES LIONS with 11 EFFIE awards. In 2016 trade magazine Media Marketing awarded him with a special award for creative leadership. Ampe has an integrated and innovative approach, always linking what brands want to what people need. The result is creativity with a purpose.
Ampe is responsible for a number of milestones in Belgian advertising : winner of the first Gold lion ever for his home country, first Gold Cyber lion, first Grand Clio, First Grand Prix in mobile at eurobest and first design Grand Prix at Epica.
Was already member of the jury in Cannes, Clio, LIA, eurobest, New York Festivals. Was president of the Jury of the Creative Club of Belgium (2014).
Author of "The mind works best at Running Speed", published by Borgerhoff & Lamberigts. Short stories and poems have been published in several magazines.
Poetry installations in Ostend (B), Bruges (B) and Swansea (UK).
- Global Creative Council at DDB Worldwide
- 2016 – Present
- European Creative Council at DDB Europe
- 2014 – Present
- Executive Creative Director at DDB Brussels
- 2013 – Present
- Creative Director at Happiness Brussels
- 2011 – 2012
- Worldwide Board of Creative Directors at Publicis Group
- 2009 – 2011
- Creative Director at Duval Guillaume Brussels
- 2001 – 2011
- Concept Writer at TBWA/GV Company
- 1999 – 2001
- Free lance journalist at De Morgen
- 1994 – 1995
- Master in Linguistics and Literature at University Ghent
- Advanced Advertising Skills at Y&R Europe
- 33 CANNES LIONS (since 2005), CANNES LIONS FESTIVAL
- GRAND PRIX (7x since 2003), Creative Club of Belgium
- Agency of the Year Belgium (5x since 2003), Creative Club of Belgium
- DIGITAL AGENCY OF THE YEAR, MIXX AWARDS
- GRAND PRIX DESIGN, EPICA
- Special Award Creative Leadership, Media Marketing
- GRAND PRIX (2012 – 2015), eurobest
- European Network of the Year (2014-2015-2016), eurobest
- 11 Effie Awards (1999 – 2011), Effie Belgium
- GRAND PRIX, Shark Awards Kinsale
- GRAND CLIO, Clio Awards
- Best Creative (Nominated 2012), Media Marketing
- Best Copywriter, Creative Club of Belgium
- Toyota Europe
- Doctors without Borders
- League of the Blind
- Dexia Bank
- Lotus Bakeries
- Douwe Egberts
- De Morgen
- BASE mobile
- Telenet mobile
- Brussels Airlines
- Belgian Brewers
- Flemish Milkboard
- Flemish bakers
- Studio Brussels
- Delhaize supermarket
- creative direction
- integrated campaigns